Sunday, November 15, 2009

November 5: Candle Love (A Samhein Love Poem)

This morning I lit candles
And died a million ways in oozing gobs
Of liquid wax.
A viscous blood drips floral color
Of soft juniper green or rose petal red.

It is putty soft, round as a woman’s breast,
I stroke my finger along a silky length
And dream of candle pleasures and gelatin love.

The promiscuous light that flickers
Like a whisper masks my eyes with moving shadow.
The resin taste lays deep in my saliva.
My throbbing lips so near the flame
Ache for just one Samhein kiss,

That once a year forbidden kiss,
That trick or treat and ghostly kiss,
That heated blade of fire kiss,
The urge to consume and be consumed
The way that solid heat gives way to molten love,

Aches for that one Samhein kiss.

Later, I snuff the flame
By licking my thumb and pointer wet.
Here in the certainty of the night I sit alone,
For the candle dance of light is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment