Sunday, November 15, 2009

November 11: My Morning Prayer

Take this moment to wish for the silence
To enter our homes and our lives
Our hearts and our heads –
Let us carry it like bread
Each to the other and then to ourselves

Inhale peace the way air fills our swelling lungs,
Let it be song and bring spirit with it.
May it fill the ears of all around us
May it infect them, too,
May it create song where once there was none.

Let me find new ways to trust.
In the music and the dance, in sitting down to a meal
Made by my own hands -
May I always have the good fortune to feed you.
May we always serve each other with reckless abandon.

Let joy hover with kestrel grace in our time together,
Let it reach into the knotted lump of deep muscle.
May I always find the friend of you
In the most hidden parts of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment