Friday, November 20, 2009

November 18: Allow Love

You do not need to be anything to me
Other than what you already are.
Stop trying so hard and maybe then you will see!
Leave pretending in the pockets of your pants
And we will do the laundry together – twice!
You do not need to come to fruition before my very eyes
Or even write in complete sentences.

There is so much room for all of your disasters
And still be the glowing ember I know you are.
Anguish wrings the very love plumb out of us
Just as it is the poison that the peacock drinks
Which makes her feathers shine so bright.

The point is this:
I love you without chance.
Without hope of extraction,
I love the parts of you that you only guess at.
I hold you deep as breath,
In how much I wish for your freedom.

We are bound together as
Stubborn as the roots of a fig tree,
Against the drought that life can often be.

Allow love that asks for nothing, -
Allow simple love, relentless as the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment